Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Central Tube and Bar, Inc., a Conway, Arkansas based steel company, is a leading supplier of precision tubular components. We serve OEMs, fabricators and service centers in eight South Central states from our ISO 9001:2015 certified facilities in Conway, Arkansas and Tulsa, Oklahoma. Our state-of-the-art equipment, including 3-D Tube Lasers, coupled with our value-engineering capability allows us to solve difficult quality and manufacturing challenges for our customer-partners.
The responsibilities of the Manufacturing Quality Engineer will encompass all facets of the Quality Program and auditing systems based on ISO 9001:2015. This will include investigating, analyzing and resolving quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends and leading continuous improvement projects.
- Responsible for evaluating rejects, working with manufacturing and engineering teams to drive root cause analysis and ensuring implementation of corrective actions.
- Responsible for line support and addressing any quality related issues.
- Create CARs for supplier defects; responsible for tracking and timely closures.
- Actively participate in corrective action teams (8D or 5-Why) to address defective quality in all products.
- Prepare additional documentation at the customer’s request and ensure all internal and external communications are delivered in a timely manner.
- Create and review Control Plans, PFMEAs, 8Ds, CARs, APQP documentation and PPAPs.
- Effectively complete assignments and consistently meet customer, company and department objectives.
- Work with production to develop rework procedures.
- Conduct periodic reviews of work instructions and update as needed.
- Improve Quality System through internal audits and compliance audits.
- Conduct first piece inspections on production runs.
- B.S. in Engineering (Mechanical or Industrial) is desired. Candidates with equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Manufacturing Quality Engineer or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with Quality Management System (QMS) and testing methodologies.
- CMM experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills utilizing 8D, Lean, 5-Whys, Pareto Analysis, DFMEA, PFEMA, PPAP, etc.
- Some travel involved.
- Full Benefits Package, including medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid time off
- Tulsa, Oklahoma